7/06/2012

Sushi?


When you hear the word "Sushi", what do you imagine? Probably many of us think "cut fish on the rice". Yes, it's the sushi, but that's not all. This picture is also a kind of sushi ( I made it ;)), so called "Tekone-sushi", meaning "Sushi that is handmade". hmmmmm.... That's not perfect translation.... Hard to say in English since all of sushi are handmade...
Anyway, truth be told, this fish was brought near Fukushima, the place that became suddenly famous because of Tsunami and Nuclear disaster last year. I am terrible with talking about political matters, so I don't say about it. The fact is that there are good deal of a fish that was found near Fukushima in the supermarkets. They investigated carefully for sure, but should we eat them? And many kinds of fish come and go in the sea, is that safe to eat fish that was brought other place? Fish is irreplaceable for Japanese. I hope we are able to eat it safely.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and love it. the photos are beautiful and it is really interesting learning about a different culture. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for your comment and encourage me :) I love taking photograph, but I sometime come to think of it for a long time and finally don't know whether my pictures are good or not. The comment you gave me really made me happy and relief. Thank you again!

      Delete