7/13/2012

Izakaya.


"Izakaya" is a kind of the restaurant that serves foods and alcohol (but mainly alcohol) in Japan. There are a lot, lot of izakaya in my country. In the building near the stations, main streets, and so on. Actually, I normally don't drink any alcohol. I don't drink sake, whiskey, wine, anything. I only drink it when I am in my home and nothing to do like Friday's night. But only sometime.
Not like countries I traveled, many people seem to enjoy drinking alcohol both in the restaurant and their home. There are not severe restriction in this country (needless to say age restriction and so forth).
Oh, I almost forgot to say; Is this picture izakaya? Yes, but it "was" a izakaya. It's preserved in a museum near my home because of sophisticated and traditional architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment