7/08/2012

My Super Cub.


My motorcycle, "Super Cub 50 custom". I have a license for riding on the motorcycle, but I love this tiny, rather small engine one. This motorcycle was first made more than 50 years ago, and still producing.


To tell the truth, I didn't like the shape of this for the first time. Business-like, slow speeds, everything... You can google the word "Super Cub 50 custom" and find the original shape.. Sorry for Honda, but I hated it. So, I changed it. I changed the engine, color, even steering wheel. Many years of customizing, spent for 2 or 4 years, I finished it.


Now ? I really love it deeply ! But I left it in my hometown Nagoya because it's difficult to keep motorcycles in Tokyo. Difficult to find a parking lot (It's really difficult...), difficult to run on the narrow roads, and some bad people cut its seat or steal the parts. That's why motorcycles are not sold well in Japan these days. I like riding on it. It's not like cars though they run on the same road. Motorcycles...always love ;)

6 comments:

  1. Bicycle is nice too in Tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have my bicycle in Tokyo too! I sometime travel by bicycle for one-day trip! Environment-friendly, cheap to keep, everything is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pictures are also gorgeous, with the sakura in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm glad to find it is sakura! I love it more than anything! ;)

      Delete
  4. Seriously, looking at it makes me think that life would be all sunshine just as long as I’m riding it. Haha! It’s kind of funny, but its cuteness is refreshing. You know in films where everything lightens up in places it passes by? I think, even in real life, the Super Cub 50 can do that. It might be small, but it has this certain catchy charm. Actually, the simple fact that it is derivative of a classic motorcycle produced 5 decades ago was enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog ;) It's my pleasure that many people look at my super cub 50 custom. I have been seeing many kinds of super cub that are customized, but I love my own motorcycle the best. Riding on it is really fun for me and always amazed it was first produced over a half century ago :)

      Delete