8/06/2012

Edo-Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum.


I went to Edo-Tokyo Open-air Architectural Museum one fine day. It is near my home, and I have a free pass for a year, so I visit here more than 20 times in one year.


Because I come here so many times, I didn't shoot much pictures for this blog...


This museum preserve many kinds of architectures which were built many years ago. Mainly from Meiji Era (1868-1912) to Showa era (1926-1989), I definitely love those periods...
This is an old public bath.


Sure, that time it was hard to live, but why they are so attractive...?


Although it is really great museum, I hardly see people inside. One reason is that it is not near from the station. I can go there by bicycle, but many other people need to find a bus to take from the station along Chuo-line.


It is said that this building inspired the film called "Spirited Away", Japanese catoon. There is another building that inspired the film. Oh, I forgot to take it...


These are Japanese traditional umbrellas. How much do you think it is ? It was sold $120 when I saw at the festival ! I don't afford to buy it...


It has many other buildings that I missed to take, well, those are maybe for another time !

No comments:

Post a Comment