2/04/2014

Around Roppongi district, and more :)


 For me, The district called Roppongi in Tokyo is gorgeous,  stylish and high rank place for shopping. However, there are not only that, so I'd like to introduce the way how I usually enjoy the place.



 Every weekend you can find a farmer's market in front of United Nations University. From many regions' vegetables, fresh foods are available there. I like to visit this place, especially because they have a bunch of unique vegetables displayed. Once I find something interesting, I would ask the clerk what it is, what it tastes like and so forth. Generally, they kindly respond me with the details of their harvests.



 That day I ate a hamburger at Kua Aina (official URL is here). Unlike ordinary fast food restaurants, they serve rich hamburgers and many kinds of drinks, soups, and you can choose which kind of cheese you want to eat with hamburger when you order. I like the idea that we can choose from many options  in the Hawaiian style decor  inside:) Oh, don't forget to find coupons on the websites, they frequently update it so that customers could add topping for free of charge :D I added extra cheese by the way :)



  In nice weather nothing beats taking a walk around there. I visited The National Art Center, Tokyo. While I didn't see galleries in it, I took a rest in front of the entrance.



 It was also cool to stay a bit, for sure, and I remember the first time I went there. I was so tired because of the hot humid weather at that time, I couldn't help but sleeping one of the chairs. Best for napping, I thought ;)



 Although cafes and restaurants are available, I just sit down for a while, probably 20 minutes or so, then picked flyers up so that I could find schedules of temporary galleries upcoming in Tokyo. Well, I like this place :D


----------------------


   This was a lunch sometime before. These days, I tend to eat leftovers for my lunch, plus I like eating slowly. Sipping a cup of tea or two, eating meals with my chopsticks, it's not unusual to take an hour to finish to eat. I know how it would sound, so strange, I should eat faster. Still, I prefer to spend time to taste all of them, and get back to my work :)



 Oh, it's Tai-meshi, another food cooked with Nabe (about Nabe, see this post of my blog). Yes, I have to admit it's difficult to remove its bones, yet sometimes this top-notch meal is needed for my life ;)



 A few days ago, a friend of mine came in my home to have a party. He brought many many kinds of sake, or Japanese alcohol to drink together. We chatted, ate, drank for 6 hours (!!!!) His task was to buy sake, and mine was preparing for Sushi. We share a passion for tasting nice foods and drinks, it's really a must for my life :D



:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment